Monday, January 22, 2007

On All Your Houses

Miss Hannah: Today, class, we're going to talk about going to the doctor. Who has ever been to the doctor?

[all raise their hands]

Miss Hannah: Good! Now why do we go to the doctor? What kinds of sicknesses can he treat?

[all are silent]

Miss Hannah: Okay...what kind of symptoms does a doctor look at?

[all are silent]

Miss Hannah: Please, people, we're just brainstorming vocabulary. Someone just tell me a disease.

[all are silent]

Miss Hannah: Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

[all are silent]

Miss Hannah: All right. You, in the back. Name a disease. Any disease.

Julio: What?

Miss Hannah: You've been to the doctor, right? What were you sick with?

Julio: What?

Miss Hannah: What disease, or sickness, did you have when you last went to the doctor?

Julio: Oh! I had smallpox, Miss.

Miss Hannah: [laughs] Yeah, kid, you and the Indians.

Julio: What?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi hannah,
I've been reading your blog, and it's great! I love it!
Is there any way to get an email when you post a new one? I'm so sorry you were sick, and felt bad for laughing at you : ).
Things are going well in Philly. I'm going to Madrid with Ellie in March (!!!) My crack addicts are treating nicely. We should travel together some summer. I miss you1
all my love
Cath
p.s. I found a Bob Dylan Song I like (Don't think Twice, it's alright)